[mythtvnz] Silent Frontend - Specs

Johan Schuld johanschuld at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 11:39:12 GMT 2008

Heyz,

One thing you might want to consider if you want to keep it cheap is to buy
a 2nd hand Dell PC. I've bought one a couple of years ago on trademe for
400NZD. P4 2.x Ghz and works like a charm. It's one of those GX260 boxes
which are very silent out of the box. Harddrives etc are all suspended in
rubber mountings and the fans are all speed controlled.

I'm at the point of upgrading now, but it's served me well.

Cheers,
Johan.

Hi everyone