[mythtvnz] New frontend sanity check

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Feb 16 02:48:42 GMT 2008

Greetings

With all the new features (especially video & audio up-scaling) coming in
MythTV, I'm looking to upgrade my main frontend and move the Via Epia
SP13000 to another room.

I plan on staying diskless to keep the heat and noise down, and use an
external PSU block with an automotive 12v DC/DC inverter board since I'll
have no disks (apart from the DVD) to power.

I want integrated video but I'll be using a TV with VGA input so I don't
need the svideo that has made the Via box so useful.

Here is my shopping list so far - does it look up to handling DVB-T out to
a 720p compatible TV?

Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2L Motherboard
1024Mb Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X1024-5400C4 DDR2-667 Memory Kit
AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ CPU (AM2)
Lite-On LH-20A1H Dual Layer IDE DVD Writer
Minibox - PW-200-M PSU
Case: not decided on (I may use the old CD player I have kicking about!!)

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks