[mythtvnz] Silent Frontend

Alan Walls Alan.Walls at trimble.co.nz
Thu Feb 14 01:19:10 GMT 2008

I have a mini-ITX board in the lounge literally hanging from the back of
the TV cabinet.  I have put a resister on the cpu fan to slow it down
and make it even quieter.

This hardware is a diskless mini-ITX board mounted on a sheet of
customwood clipped to the back of the TV cabinet.  From the chair all
you see is a USB LCD display (Pertelian X2040) and a MCE remote sensor.

Also have a look at the Minimyth linux distribution. http://linpvr.org/