[mythtvnz] What DVB-T cards are people using in NZ?

Craig Whitmore lennon at orcon.net.nz
Tue Feb 12 06:47:03 GMT 2008

> The hauppauge PCI-E devices should also be up and running soon which will
> be nice. Don't know anyone in NZ carrying the Nova-T at this stage.
>
> At the moment I use a pair of USB devices. An older freecom USB stick
> which works really well, and a newer Hauppauge HVR 900 stick which needs
> kernel patches.

Looking on the wholesalers Hauppauge devices that do DVB-T are below and
most/all are supported under linux and have slightly different capabilities.

HVR-1300 (PCI)
HVR-1100 (PCI)
Nova-T-500 (basically a PCI USB card with 2 DVB-T tuners on it)
HVR-3000 (PCI)
HVR-4000 (PCI)
HVR-900 (USB)
Nova-T-500-HD (Dunno whats the different between the 500 and the 500HD)

All should be available from most retail computer suppliers..

Thanks