[mythtvnz] Power Search win - TVNZ guide data lose

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Tue Feb 5 04:07:50 GMT 2008

Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 16:41 +1300, David Lowe wrote:
>> Possibly a comment from a naïve newbie...
>>
>> I haven’t ventured into custom searches and scripts yet and only use the
>> Myth UI to record what I see coming up. I tend to find that it catches more
>> than I ask for and not less, which is a good thing. For instance, I had the
>> weekly Home and Away catch up scheduled last year (for my daughter you
>> understand...) and it just started happening after the new year break
>> without me having to do anything. But it also decided to record the nightly
>> episodes as well. A bit of a pain to have to delete them, but better to
>> catch them than miss out isn't it? The same has occurred with other
>> programmes.
>>
>> So, am I missing something or is the standard UI better now than it used to
>> be?
>
> I certainly make good use of the fact that the recording schedules
> normally pick up the shows once they come back.  No changes have
> happened in that area for a while.
>
> I really want a limiter that says "Only record this show in the
> evenings" to avoid the repeats the following day.
>
> Cheers!

If you do a Record Daily rule, while you have the evening showing
selected in the program guide/search list then Myth uses that showing as
the first for the day (24 hr period).  And if you have no conflicts then
that's the one that will be recorded.

Same basic logic goes for Record Weekly.  With programs (like, say, Iron
Chef America) that repeat 3 or 4 times in a 7 day period, Myth treats
the item you have selected in the program guide when you set up the
rule, as the first showing for the week (or 7 day period).  Which works
great even when the description doesn't change.  Choose the one on Sat
7.30pm, set to "Record one showing of this title every week", "Don't
match duplicates" and you're set get the fresh episodes as soon as
they're shown. And if there's a conflict then it'll resort to the
repeats later in the week.

  - Wade