[mythtvnz] need help installing epgsnoop

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 07:24:13 GMT 2008

Hi,

Newbie to linux here, please be gentle.

I read about epgsnoop and downloaded the package from nice.net.nz.

I then took the following steps:
1. tarred the package into a directory /usr/epgsnoop
2. I did 'python setup.py install'

I think the above went OK - the output to the screen looked OK.

The instructions then say "Copy one of the channels.conf files and epgsnoop.sqlite to
~/.epgsnoop/ (or your preferred config location, that is the
default)."

3. So I copied channels.conf.freeview files and epgsnoop.sqlite to /etc/mythtv

Maybe I copied the files to the wrong place?

I then expected I would go into Mythtv backend setup and add a new video source where I could select epgsnoop. However epgsnoop is not one of the available XML grabbers.

I've probably missed some step, I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Steve

      Get the world's best email - http://nz.mail.yahoo.com/