[mythtvnz] Haupauge Nova-T 500 setup

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 07:10:30 GMT 2008

I can't play any of the channels - well I can but the frame changes once every 10 or so seconds.

doesn't work on livetv or if I record and playback after the recording is finished. I don't even have any jobs running.

I am a total newbie with Linux so maybe I have some fundamental problem with my install.

I currently have Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 2 installed and I have loaded MythTV over Ubuntu. I also loaded Paul's patches which I understand are necessary to get the sound working with the NZ version of DVB-T.

From the sound of your question I should manage to watch some of the channels with my hardware as is.

I have also tried trancoding but it always ends with errors - actually never really starts.

      Easy recipes for Christmas entertaining on Yahoo!Xtra Lifestyle- http://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/food-recipes