[mythtvnz] HV-AAC (AAC+) Support in linux ... are we there yet?

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 18:48:12 GMT 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Bernard Mentink <bmentink at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just an update.
>
> It doesn't seem to be an issue with AAC+ decoding. With Pauls patches and
> loopfilter off I am getting segfaults. But if I turn
> on the loopfilter option again the box is stable again. I can watch all
> channels with audio fine.
>
> The only slight drawback is that my CPU load has increased by 10% to 50% on
> 1080i material, but I can cope with that until
> the hardware acceleration is done for the G45 chipset. I am not sure why
> turning off the loopfilter is causing a segfault, maybe someone can comment
> on that.
>
> Cheers,
> Bernie

An Update on this thread.

With the loopfilter turned on, I am still getting the occasional segfault,
 (like once or twice in 4 hrs viewing ..) which is better than every few
minutes with loopfilter off.
but I guess there is still an issue ..
My next job is to have a play with buffer sizes to see if things improve ..

Bernie