[mythtvnz] HV-AAC (AAC+) Support in linux ... are we there yet?

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 06:28:28 GMT 2008

Just an update.

It doesn't seem to be an issue with AAC+ decoding. With Pauls patches and
loopfilter off I am getting segfaults. But if I turn
on the loopfilter option again the box is stable again. I can watch all
channels with audio fine.

The only slight drawback is that my CPU load has increased by 10% to 50% on
1080i material, but I can cope with that until
the hardware acceleration is done for the G45 chipset. I am not sure why
turning off the loopfilter is causing a segfault, maybe someone can comment
on that.

Cheers,
Bernie