[mythtvnz] new to list

Kenneth Dixon ken.dixon at clear.net.nz
Sat Aug 30 08:47:09 BST 2008

Hi Ross,

The Nova T 500 should work out of the box on 8.04, and
mythtv-setup (0.21) should be able to tune in to the DVB-T
signal if it's there.
It's possible you don't have a strong enough signal, I have
had trouble with TV3/C4 in the past due to a weak signal.
DVB-T is UHF, so if you get good Prime reception it is
likely you can get DVB-T if available (ironically).
My only other suggestion would be to try tuning it using the
Great Britain setting for tuning.

Once tuned, to view the channels properly you will need to
get Paul Kendall's patched version of MythTV. He has done a
lot of work getting it going for New Zealand's DVB-T and has
an Ubuntu repository.
just add the line:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/paul-kcbbs/ubuntu hardy main
to the end of: