[mythtvnz] new to list

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 05:52:49 BST 2008

Hi everyone,

My name is Ross.  I live in Hamilton and I am giving Freeview HD a go
on MythTV.  I have built a Home Theatre PC using the satellite
Freeview which worked well.  I am new to Linux so I also hope to learn
more about that too.  Anyway hopefully you guys can help me get my
system going.

I have built a Intel Core2duo E8200, 2G ram dual channel, 2x500GB HD
system with a Hauppauge WinTV Nova T 500 dual tuner card.  I installed
Ubuntu 8.04 64 bit Desktop version using software raid.  I then
installed the MythTV Master backend and frontend on this system using
Synaptic.

Now I am stuck trying to configure the backend to receive the
channels.  I don't know how to diagnose whether its because I have
configured it incorrectly or because there is actually no signal.
Also there doesn't appear to be any howtos explaining how to set up
Freeview HD at the moment.

Any links to any howtos or ways to check if I have everything
configured correctly?  Anyone living in Hamilton?

Regards
Ross