[mythtvnz] linux tvnz xml scraper

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Tue Aug 26 07:49:56 BST 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 18:36 +1200, Steven Mulvay wrote:
> Hi Hads,
> Is there a way to get the tv_grab_nz script to execute from within
> mythtv when required? I presume that I'm meant to run the script
> manually in a terminal, piping the output to a file and then run
> mythfilldatabase -- file 1 listings_file. Is this correct? (1 being the
> source id)
> I've been trying this method to no avail, the program guide is not
> being filled at all
>
> I presume that since I'm using using your script to obtain the
> listenings, I should set the video source setion to no grabber, is that
> correct?
>
> I also have a problem with no channels in the startup channel list.
>
> What am I missing here?

Yes, tv_grab_nz-py is an XMLTV compliant grabber, the point of that is
so that mythtv-setup can find it automatically and mythbackend can run
mythfilldatabase automatically for you. You don't need to use the --file
option or anything like that.

I'm away at a conference so don't have time to write step by step
instructions but there have been some written on the list in the past.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealands Open Source Hardware Supplier