[mythtvnz] Question about building Pauls Mythtv + Patches

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Mon Aug 25 23:48:33 BST 2008

On 26/08/2008, at 9:23 AM, Graeme Woollett wrote:

> After the continuing problems with TV3 stuttering last night with the
> loop filter patch included, I've been double checking that I have the
> patch right.  Steve in your post from the 24/8 17:46 this was left
> out.   :-)
>
> In the archives in this block I've noticed the inclusion of this
> line -
>
> enc->thread_count = 2;

It helps a little bit, but as Paul mentioned this option can be set
via the GUI, hence I removed it from the patch.

My video playback settings are currently setup as CPU++, and the
XVideo mode to Max 2 CPUsm and Bob 2x Deinterlacer.

It looks like the slice based decoder does offload part of some frames
to the second Core, but not enough to make a huge difference.

> It looks important, but is it something that would make a difference?
>
> #endif // USING_XVMC || USING_DVDV
>
>                if (!handled)
>                {
>                    if (CODEC_ID_H264 == enc->codec_id)
>                    {
>                        VERBOSE(VB_PLAYBACK, LOC + "Turning off loop
> filter");
>                        enc->skip_loop_filter = AVDISCARD_ALL;
>                        VERBOSE(VB_PLAYBACK, LOC + "Enabling Fast
> decode
> mode");
>                        enc->flags           |= CODEC_FLAG2_FAST;
>                        video_codec_id = kCodec_H264;
>                    }
>
>                    else
>                        video_codec_id = kCodec_MPEG2; // default to
> MPEG2
>                }
>
>                if (enc->codec)
>                {
>                    VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, LOC
>                            <<"Warning, video codec "<<enc<<" "
>                            <<"id("<<codec_id_string(enc->codec_id)
>                            <<") type ("<<codec_type_string(enc-
> >codec_type)
>                            <<") already open.");
>                }
>

> If I'm stuck with the TV3, situation are there transcoding options
> (that
> work) in mythtv to say downscale/convert 1080i to 720p for instance?
> I'm quite happy to wait for TV3 recordings to go though the mill
> before
> watching them.

I haven't tried to transcode any HD output yet..

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz