[mythtvnz] Question about building Pauls Mythtv + Patches

Graeme Woollett g.woollett at irl.cri.nz
Mon Aug 25 22:23:31 BST 2008

After the continuing problems with TV3 stuttering last night with the
loop filter patch included, I've been double checking that I have the
patch right.  Steve in your post from the 24/8 17:46 this was left
out.   :-)

In the archives in this block I've noticed the inclusion of this line -

enc->thread_count = 2;

It looks important, but is it something that would make a difference?

#endif // USING_XVMC || USING_DVDV

                if (!handled)
                {
                    if (CODEC_ID_H264 == enc->codec_id)
                    {
                        VERBOSE(VB_PLAYBACK, LOC + "Turning off loop
filter");
                        enc->skip_loop_filter = AVDISCARD_ALL;
                        VERBOSE(VB_PLAYBACK, LOC + "Enabling Fast decode
mode");
                        enc->flags           |= CODEC_FLAG2_FAST;
                        video_codec_id = kCodec_H264;
                    }

                    else
                        video_codec_id = kCodec_MPEG2; // default to MPEG2
                }

                if (enc->codec)
                {
                    VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, LOC
                            <<"Warning, video codec "<<enc<<" "
                            <<"id("<<codec_id_string(enc->codec_id)
                            <<") type ("<<codec_type_string(enc->codec_type)
                            <<") already open.");
                }

If I'm stuck with the TV3, situation are there transcoding options (that
work) in mythtv to say downscale/convert 1080i to 720p for instance?
I'm quite happy to wait for TV3 recordings to go though the mill before
watching them.

Cheers
Graeme