[mythtvnz] CPU required for Freeview HD

Graeme Woollett graeme.joy at paradise.net.nz
Sat Aug 23 01:35:08 BST 2008

Got my 5600+ in last night, approx 87% CPU on 1 core approx 50% idle on
the other at 720p.
With the current release from Paul's site Live TV is very watchable, but
trying to watch a recording from the menu crashes the frontend everytime.

My experience with stability is that code  has come a long way, i.e it
works, but much more work needs to be done to make it stable.

The frontend typically seg faults with either h264 or ac3audio errors.

I do need a higher gain antenna as I can scan the TV3 multiplex, but get
no lock when I try to watch something.

I get the feeling that this CPU won't quite be up to watching TV3 1080i
without some fiddling with the source code.

Gone are the days when an AMD CPU got more work done per clock cycle
than an Intel CPU...