[mythtvnz] CPU required for Freeview HD

Barry Clearwater barryc at bcsystems.co.nz
Wed Aug 20 03:27:30 BST 2008

I take the point that a high def signal is getting heavily compressed,
but we *are* talking about well known compression algorithms are we not?
Should somebody be writing a more optimised piece decompression code, or
in a lower level language? (cough - assembler anybody!!??)
ITs just a 2D picture, our systems are capable of rendering 3D on the
fly...
I must be missing the point and over simplifying it somewhere.
<pride speaking>
No way should windows boxes out-compute a gnu/linux system.
</pride>

Barry