[mythtvnz] DVB-T signal strength and CPU usage

Graeme Woollett g.woollett at irl.cri.nz
Sun Aug 17 23:58:45 BST 2008

I got Freeview HD going on my myth box last night, it has an dual core
3600+ AMD processor.
There are times where the video is shudder free and others where it
seems to struggle.  Most of the time the CPU is sitting at 103% usage.

What is a acceptable signal strength?  I have 22% and 4 ish db which
seems very low.
I have only had success watching the TVNZ multiplexes, no luck with TV3,
C4 etc.  They are detected but no lock.

Also are there low cost NVidia based graphics cards that people know of
that have a SPDIF input for injection into the HDMI cable?
I have a 8600GT card in another PC that has it, but I'm  hoping not to
spend  as much as that cost...

Thank you Paul and others for the huge amount of work you have put in,
it's much appreciated! :-)