[mythtvnz] hardware recommendations for dedicated box

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sat Aug 16 12:06:30 BST 2008

Warren Stuart wrote:
> I am thinking of building a dedicated mythtv box in the next month or
> so to pick up the terrestrial freeview. I have not played with mythtv
> before and it has been a few years since I built a computer system and
> am a bit lost with all the new numbers/features.
>
> I would like a small case and if possible and a case with buttons that
> can be used in lieu of the remote. The box would need to be quiet or
> silent as I do not like fan noise.
>
> Does anyone sell pre-made units in NZ? or where can I get a nice case
> and a TV-tuner card?

Cough... OpenMedia?.. Cough..
> I also want the system to replace my home theatre system so is this as
> easy as plugging in a speaker set into the audio out plugs on the
> motherboard?
Sorry I don't know of any units at the moment that can also replace an
Amp. Also some of our customers spend a lot more on their amps than some
people spend on their entire Home Theatre setup.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz