[mythtvnz] hardware recommendations for dedicated box

Warren Stuart warrenstuart at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 09:02:48 BST 2008

I am thinking of building a dedicated mythtv box in the next month or
so to pick up the terrestrial freeview. I have not played with mythtv
before and it has been a few years since I built a computer system and
am a bit lost with all the new numbers/features.

I would like a small case and if possible and a case with buttons that
can be used in lieu of the remote. The box would need to be quiet or
silent as I do not like fan noise.

Does anyone sell pre-made units in NZ? or where can I get a nice case
and a TV-tuner card?

I also want the system to replace my home theatre system so is this as
easy as plugging in a speaker set into the audio out plugs on the
motherboard?

Thanks, Warren.