[mythtvnz] Quality of WinTV PVR 150

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 00:46:46 BST 2008

When Freeview was first announced Prime were on board (IIRC) but in
the meantime they were bought by Sky and pulled out. A shame really.

I think Freeview is very misunderstood. I was talking about the
Olympics coverage on TVNZ Sports Extra at morning tea, and got a
selection of blank stares. No one had heard of TVNZ Sports Extra and
had no idea about Freeview, except "its not free because you have to
buy a decoder". Sheesh and how much do you pay Sky a month?

As someone who only ever sunscribed to Sky because I had no
terrestrial analogue reception to speak of, I am delighted to have
Freeview available. The fact that the technology gives me high quality
reception and I can capture everything on Freeview with just two
tuners is the icing on the cake.

As for your comment about turning analogue off, I'm afraid it seems
inevitable. I don't have a lot of weather problems with Freeview
Satellite. Of course when its snowing, thats when you want to watch
TV, but just look at something you recorded last week.