[mythtvnz] Quality of WinTV PVR 150

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Thu Aug 14 22:08:18 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 08:57 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
> I found (when I used one of these cards) that running one of the
> v4l-ctl commands to set the audio input worked to fix the problem. I
> had a script that executed the command every 10 seconds or so and set
> it to run continuously. I don't have a myth box in front of me, nor a
> good enough memory for the details.

Yeah, that's it. It should have been fixed at 2.6.18, I thought it was a
regression in 2.6.24.

It seems to be dependant on the card. It happens to one of my friends
boxes more often than another and ours it rarely happens (maybe once
every couple of months). This is the incantation I current have;

	os.system('/usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --set-audio-input=0')
   	os.system('/usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --set-audio-input=1')
   	os.system('/usr/bin/v4l2-ctl -c audio_emphasis=0')

On the original thread topic I agree with Nick. DVB-S is a much better
idea in general, but if you are after S-Video for a Sky STB or Prime
then a PVR-150 is stilla good choice.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware.