[mythtvnz] Quality of WinTV PVR 150

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Aug 14 12:08:14 BST 2008

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 21:31:39 +1200, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>I've decided not to buy the WinTV-HVR-1300 because of some of the
>problems people have had with them and because I found out that
>Freeview is not planning to ever bring DVB-T to Taranaki. (note that
>the
>HVR-1300 is an analogue and DVB-T card) So now I'm looking at buying
>the WinTV PVR 150 analogue card. Has anyone had any experience with
>that card, if so how did you find it? Some people in the mythtv-users
>IRC channel said that they had poor quality pictures from them and that
>additional external tuner boxes are needed to get good reception. I
>certainly hope this is the exception rather than the rule. Any comments
>and feedback about the PVR-150 would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Cheers,
>Steve :)

I am surprised that DVB-T would not be coming eventually to everywhere
that analogue is, since they plan to turn off the analogue
transmitters eventually.  Certainly there are large parts of NZ where
DVB-T is not being transmitted in the first round of installations,
but I had not heard anything to suggest that they did not intend to
extend the coverage in the same way analogue coverage was originally
extended.