[mythtvnz] Recording options for Olympic Coverage

David Lowe david at thistledown.co.nz
Wed Aug 6 00:24:22 BST 2008

I like your logic Dean. Can you write me a rule for Synchronised Swimming?
</joking>

I have set up a similar schedule but yours is cleverer than mine. And in
preparation, I have:
- invested in a second DVB S card (thanks Hads)
- invested in a 600GB external drive (just in case I need a lot of space in
a hurry)
- planned to take some time off work (in case I need to watch large swathes
of coverage).

To your question about other channels, I tried searching for a bunch of
other keywords. I noticed last night when I was searching for 'Beijing' that
there's a few documentaries (on National Geographic iirc) about the Olympic
venues that could be worth watching.

The inundation of commercials bothers me and I hope commflagging can keep
up, but I have become quite adept at 30 second skips forward.

Actually, on a different note, I have found 30 seconds to be great for
watching cricket. You watch the ball get bowled, and if nothing much happens
(as is usually the case) you skip to the next ball, which is more often than
not 30-40 seconds later. Using this method I have been known to zip through
a three-hour one-day innings in less than an hour...

- David