[mythtvnz] DTT testing - Wellington

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sun Apr 27 22:01:12 BST 2008

On Sun, April 27, 2008 11:30 pm, hayden.lovett at gmail.com wrote:
> So are you saying that mythtv will not be ready for digital terrestrial in
> NZ for another 9 - 18 months?  It seems so close now, how can it be that
> far off?

Were I'm coming from is how long it will be before the distributions work
with NZ DTT "out of the box". Sure if we roll our own and do a bit of
patching we might get it up and running earlier.

I see the hurdles as

1. LATM HE-AAC support in FAAD or FFMPEG

2. Sort out the interlaced video issues with FFMPEG

3. A MythTV update that includes these

My worry is that (3) might only officially be in 0.22 which means a bit of
hacking and backporting for 0.21 support.

Add to this that a some of the more interesting DVB-T HW is PCIe and
drivers are still in development.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz