[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu Remote

Cameron McConnochie cmcconnochie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 05:45:51 BST 2008

I put a post here about the same thing a few months back.  The golden piece
of advice I received was to go for the Micro&$%t MCE remote.  I picked one
up from PBTech for $45ish and the only hard part about setting that one up
was scratching the logo off.

If you do have some success, let me know.  My work mate has the remote I
gave up on and will probably need any help you can give.

Cameron

On 16/04/2008, toby <toby at np.co.nz> wrote:

> Is anyone using the USB driven remote that comes with the Skystar 2 with
> Mythbuntu?
>
> I am having problems setting up the key bindings, in particular the Esc
> key which works in all parts of myth except for when watching a program.
> It is very frustrating to have to get up and use a keyboard just to Esc.
>
> Is there a trick I'm missing to get this working.
>
> I've searched google and only found references to to the Serial dongle.
>
> Although if this is actually a myth problem (keybinding the Esc key,
> then others must have this problem with other remotes).
>
> Toby

Cameron McConnochie
MSN: cams at free.net.nz

"It's easier to get forgiveness than permission."