[mythtvnz] Cause of occasional audio/video jumps in playback?

Matt Poff matt.poff at headfirst.co.nz
Tue Apr 15 09:52:37 BST 2008

> Ok a couple of things.
>
> 1. What is your signal strength like. The recent change in weather has
> affected some peoples reception.

Well, I got some drop outs in the episode of Ross Kemp on Gangs from
last night (TV1) so copied the recording to my laptop and played
through VLC - no glitches. Seems to be a playback problem.

> 2. Is any of this happening around the time a recording will be
> starting/stopping on another physical or virtual tuner.

Corro  would have been recording to disk while I was watching that
recording. Will review the recording when there's no recording
activity taking place. If I kill Boston Legal the WAF will plummet
(wouldn't be too happy myself). Would simultaneous playback and
recording under multirec load the CPU enough to create this problem?
I'm running an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+  which I
would've thought would be up to it.