[mythtvnz] Cause of occasional audio/video jumps in playback?

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Tue Apr 15 01:00:21 BST 2008

On Tuesday 15 April 2008 11:37:23 Matt Poff wrote:
> I recently did an upgrade to the Ubuntu Gutsy backport of 0.21 and set-
> up 3 virtual tuners on each Skystar II card (from reading the list,
> looks like the same set-up as Hads)

Yeah, the same except the cards - I'm using Technotrend ones.

> and everything's working well
> except my recordings have occasional drop-outs in audio and/or video
> during playback. When I say drop-out I mean the stream glitches and a
> half-second of audio/video disappears.
[...]
> Have done a bit of Googling on this but none of the troubleshooting
> symptoms I found seemed applicable to what I'm getting here. Anyone
> else got these sort of artifacts with multirec set-up?

Can't say I see those issues here. The only thing that sounds slightly
familiar is when the DVB cards tune there is often a slight (<500ms)
interrupt in the Sky feed. It's not bothered me enough to look into it.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware. Linux laptops.