[mythtvnz] NZ DVB-T Patch for Mythtv

Craig Whitmore lennon at orcon.net.nz
Tue Apr 15 05:22:28 BST 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 14:19 +1200, Greg Brackley wrote:
> [...]

There are many options in how DVB-T (and S) are broadcast. If freeview
change what they are using alot of ppl's STB's will stop working so I
don't think they will change them for a long time.

What does the RSM specify? the Channel only or the bandwidth 8K and then
the broadcasters can choose any other options they want?

There are no other DVB-T broadcasters in NZ at the moment but if they
are a new table (in addition to the existing one) can be added.

If a signal is not good I've seen mythtv pick some quite random and
wrong values when choosing auto so better to use known good values for
reliability.

If you look at some countries they have more than 1 table .

Thanks