[mythtvnz] NZ DVB-T Patch for Mythtv

Greg Brackley lists-mythtv-nz at lucidsolutions.co.nz
Tue Apr 15 03:19:05 BST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Whitmore" <lennon at orcon.net.nz>
> I've asked on the main mythtv mailing list whats the bext way of doing
> stuff. If they suggest going auto for most of the options I can change
> it. but if you want to test the latest patch (All non auto) on
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2435 it would be great.

I see that changeset got put into v0.21 fixes. I am using ATRPM's and will
give it a go when it is updated.

I think I figured out why I think having 'auto' is a good idea. I view the
frequency tables as a statement of how MythTV see the various regulatory
domains (e.g. RSM as part of the MED). I don't see that the tables are a
statement of how a specific operator chooses to interpret those regulations
to implement a specific solution (e.g. Kordia on behalf of Freeview). To
support that view, the table entry is called 'NZ', not 'Kordia'.  What has
been done is a great first step thanks.