[mythtvnz] Xorg and lcd tv's

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Mon Apr 14 22:58:06 BST 2008

On Tuesday 15 April 2008 09:52:25 Dylan Hall wrote:
> I have the Sony KLV40V300A which goes great, with one exception. It
> reports the wrong physical size through the EDID data so the fonts end
> up very small.

Interesting, we use the same TV here and I haven't seen this problem.

> The TV operates at 1360x768 with 3 empty columns of pixels on each side.

Same here.

One of the reasons I bought this TV was that it does DPMS. This means that I
can `xset dpms force off` on the mythbox to put the TV into standby mode.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware. Linux laptops.