[mythtvnz] Xorg and lcd tv's

Dylan Hall dylan at deedums.com
Mon Apr 14 22:52:25 BST 2008

I have the Sony KLV40V300A which goes great, with one exception. It
reports the wrong physical size through the EDID data so the fonts end
up very small.

I found adding the following to the xorg.conf file sorted it:

        Option "UseEDIDDpi" "FALSE"
        Option "DPI" "75 x 75"

I have the above in the Device section for my Nvidia video card.

The TV operates at 1360x768 with 3 empty columns of pixels on each side.

Dylan