[mythtvnz] EIT data after DST change is broken

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Thu Apr 3 07:08:15 BST 2008

On Thu, April 3, 2008 5:56 pm, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Thursday 03 April 2008 18:32:42 Steven Ellis wrote:
>> Confirmed the problem is still present in the listings-all.xml.gz file
>> for
>> freeview
>
> Yes. What I meant by my last post was that the old script which generates
> the
> listings.xml.gz file doesn't handle timezones correctly so messes up
> around
> daylight savings. The new epgsnoop handles this so around daylight savings
> you should see a mixture of +1200 and +1300.
>
> Obviously it can't handle bad data being fed into it though :)

Yeah sadly not. I've heard back and freeview are looking into it.

Doesn't your new epgsnoop script only with with python 2.4 and newer or am
I missing a package. I tried it our on myPVR and it died as follows

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/epgsnoop", line 17, in ?
    import epgsnoop.processors
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/epgsnoop/processors.py", line 12,
in ?
    from base import *
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/epgsnoop/base.py", line 22, in ?
    logging.basicConfig(level=logging.INFO, format='%(message)s')
TypeError: basicConfig() takes no arguments (2 given)

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales at openmedia.co.nz