[mythtvnz] TVNZ announces High Definition plans

Matt Poff matt.poff at headfirst.co.nz
Fri Sep 28 20:03:55 BST 2007

Another big question is whether these feeds will use some form of
encoding which authorised Freeview set-top boxes will understand and PCs
won't... in which case I guess it's component out (or optical) to a pci
card.  Even then, is  it only a matter of time before  the display
device itself (i.e.  the HD TV will need to  decode a stream)?

In my case UHF reception here is rubbish anyway so it's a moot point!