[mythtvnz] epgsnoop and listings update

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Wed Sep 26 06:43:31 BST 2007

On Wednesday 26 September 2007 17:30:26 Johan Schuld wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Forgive me if I ask a stupid question, but I have not been able to
> find an answer yet.
>
> I'm still "only" in the Terestial TV stage, so I am a happy user of
> the EPG you guys provide in XML. I was going to create some script
> which filters out the channels that I can actually receive. This way
> the database is just nice and clean and does not contain all the sky
> data. and it makes recording programs much easier.
>
> Now before I re-invent the wheel, I was wondering if such a thing
> already exists.

This is what tv_grab_nz-py does. If you don't have a new enough version of
myth (>= 0.20.2) then you can use it manually but it does work well with
mythfilldatabase.

If you want to use it manually, run;

tv_grab_nz-py --configure

Answer the questions about all the channels you want (or don't want) data for.

then just run;

tv_grab_nz-py > my_listings.xml

That should do it. You'll want the newest version with the listings URL set to
listings-all by default if you have prime. If you're only using the channels
that are available on freeview then you can change the URL to
listings-freeview to save some bandwidth.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP supplier