[mythtvnz] basic problem

David Lowe mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed Sep 19 05:38:18 BST 2007

Hadley said:
"If you're setting up a new system and haven't setup your channels yet I'd
recommend using tv_grab_nz-py - it does make things easier. It will grab the

feed for you using mythfilldatabase, filter out any you don't need etc. Feel

free to post a note here if you need some instruction."

Yes please ;-)

Actually, I have a more basic problem and I'm sorry if this is so basic that
it's stupid.... but I can't make my tuner card talk to my Sky decoder. I
have managed to connect to the normal aerial and can get free-to-air TV, and
I have manually scanned for channels, and all that works ok on /dev/video0.
I have connected the Scart output on the decoder to the composite inputs on
the PVR150, but I can't work out how to configure mythTV to bring in the
feed from the decoder.. I presume I have to do something in the backend
setup... can you walk me through it? I have set up a second capture card and
told it that the default input is 'composite' and mapped that to a source
and an input connection. It scans for and finds channels but I get no
pictures. Have I done it all wrong?

Once that's going, then I'll tackle the remote control....

- David