[mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py and MythTV 0.20.2

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 23:55:24 +1200

Hadley Rich wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Speaking of backporting things in another thread reminded me that one of the
> MythTV devs backported some major mythfilldatabase changes to 0.20-fixes just
> before the 0.20.2 release.
>
> This will allow tv_grab_nz-py to work just like any of the other official
> grabbers if you have it in your PATH.
>
> You will be able to set it up through mythv-setup and get myth to run
> mythfilldatabase for you automatically etc.
>
> hads

Just been having some epg grabber issues due to the way mythfilldatabase
now works

Hadley - How do you cope with the fact that mythfilldatabase now calls
the xmltv script for each day it wants data. Do you cache the file so it
only gets downloaded the once?

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz