[mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-py and MythTV 0.20.2

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 20:31:10 +1200 (NZST)

On Tue, September 4, 2007 5:47 pm, Wade Maxfield wrote:
>>Is there a howto somewhere that would wean me off the raw channel IDs a=
nd
>>make use of the new script? What I'd like to do is:
>>
>>  * mysql script to change the channel ID based xmltvid's  to named one=
>>  * grab the epg using my skystar2 card
>>  * import it using either mythfilldatabase directly or tv_grab_nz-py
>>(whatever the difference is)
>>  * some clues on how to filter out the Sports Extra epg from freeview
>> and
>>import just that one channel
>>
>>Cheers
>>
>>--
>>Robin Gilks
>
> Basics of what I have set up is:
>
> Tune dvbstream to 1219, grab sky based data to .xml file
> Tune dvbstream to 1183, grab freeview based data, and split into
> individual channel files
> merge sky based data with sport extra file, import results with
> mythfilldatabase, then reschedule.
>

> My actual script massages the data in a couple of ways, and uploads a
> copy to my web server, so I've trimmed it a bit, just leaving the key
> bits.  You'll no doubt need to tweak this to your setup.
>

> NEWFILE=3D/tmp/listings_beta-$$.xml
>
> cd /tmp/
> # tune to sky transponder
> /usr/local/bin/dvbstream -s 22500 -o:/dev/null -f 1219 -p h -n 60 8192 =
&
> sleep 2
> /usr/local/bin/epgsnoop > $NEWFILE
> killall dvbstream
>
> # wait a bit - since Steve sees overlapping data
> sleep 5

I've tried this. In then end I got dvbsnoop to grab 1000 packets of EIT
data after a channel change to make sure I didn't pick up mixed data.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz