[mythtvnz] Satellite Splitter and other Stuff..

Craig Whitmore mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:45:19 +1200

> Just Ku or also C?

As far as I know the C Band dishes are huge amd would mean an ugly (as my
partner says) 2-3M dish on the front lawn unless it can be mounted on the
root?

>What you are looking at is something like this
> http://www.freeviewshop.co.nz/8-input-8-output-satellite-multiswitch-p-404.html

If I read this right. it would take all the inputs and be able to change to
any of the inputs with DiSEqC 1.0, tone and voltage? And would work with
cards which only do DiSEqC 1.0 (hauppauge I have) (1 output only)
or if I wanted 8 outputs it would work as well.

---------
On the Toroidal
Optus B3 - V Only
Optus C1 - V Only - you need an Aurora card (D2 replaces this later in the
year)
Optus D1 - H + V (V for Feeds), just use a dual ported LNB
Pas 2 - Airang - Korean
Pas 8 - Mac Tv (Taiwan) + ETC Punjabi
GE23 - Formally AMC23, currently empty but occasional feeds
NSS5 - Odd feeds, some signals later this year.

Anyone want to quote me (offlist) on a similar set up (Torodial + LNB's,
Cable + Splitter) + install on roof (West Auckland). I think C Band I can
wait for until later.

I should finally have my Hauppauge HFR-4000 at the end of the week and get
that working.. The Nova-S-Plus card I have at the moment is good (I'm
selling it) , but has a little known problem with vlc which I'm using it
with for encoding.

Thanks