[mythtvnz] Dual Satelite Usage within MythTV

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 06 Sep 2007 08:20:38 +1200

Henry Cline wrote:
> Afternoon all,
>
> While sitting here not feeling very well (supposedly, ok, so I thought
> that having a 'mental health day was a good idea), decided that it is
> time to play with the MythTV box.
>
> I am using two skystar II cards for doign the basic FreeView stuff which
> works pretty well, but I am using a dish that has one of those dual lnb,
> (but it only has the single cable coming out of it) that supposedly can
> do Optus D1 & B3 (Thanks Mr Sky)

Hate to break this too you but the Sky dual LNBs do D1 + C1. Also all of
the services you can pick up on C1 are encrypted and require and Aurora
Card.
> >From my basic understanding, is that I need to be able to send a 22kHz
> tone to switch from one sat to the other, can this be done using just
> the MythTV box.
>
> My setup is dish -> 2 way splitter -> skystar II cards

Single or dual port power pass splitter?

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz