[mythtvnz] Dual Satelite Usage within MythTV

Henry Cline mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 06 Sep 2007 06:16:09 +1200

Afternoon all,

While sitting here not feeling very well (supposedly, ok, so I thought
that having a 'mental health day was a good idea), decided that it is
time to play with the MythTV box.

I am using two skystar II cards for doign the basic FreeView stuff which
works pretty well, but I am using a dish that has one of those dual lnb,
(but it only has the single cable coming out of it) that supposedly can
do Optus D1 & B3 (Thanks Mr Sky)

>From my basic understanding, is that I need to be able to send a 22kHz
tone to switch from one sat to the other, can this be done using just
the MythTV box.

My setup is dish -> 2 way splitter -> skystar II cards

Do I need to invest in additional hardware etc .. ??

I realise that I probably won't be able to access both sats at the same
time, that doesn't worry me, but it could be a bit of fun to play with
(and good in the show off factor when the brother-in-law comes to
visit).

BTW - I no longer have Sky TV, so there is not a Sky STB in the loop, in
case that makes a difference.

Cheers
HC