[mythtvnz] MythTV Status in your MOTD

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Tue Oct 30 22:17:05 GMT 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:03:03 Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> Nifty, can it query a remote backend as well?

Yeah, I usually run it from my laptop. MythTV.py that it imports will pick up
on the mysql.txt in the usual places to find the master backend.

> It'd be pretty easy to do the MOTD bits with your code as well.
>
> And I guess one of the states for an encoder is LiveTV, I might add that
> as well.  We don't tend to watch LiveTV so I haven't seen that status
> crop up...

You might find some hints here;

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythplugins/mythvideo/mythvideo/scripts/MythTV.py

The Perl bindings are more complete but harder to read for me (maybe not for
you). To check for LiveTV you need to check the recording group of the
current recording.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz