[mythtvnz] MythTV Status in your MOTD

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Tue Oct 30 22:03:03 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 10:52 +1300, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:51:18 Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> >
> > I've found this is a pretty effective way of letting me know of any
> > upcoming recordings and what is going to be happening on the system in
> > the next little while.  It is a whole lot easier than using the status
> > page on MythWeb.
>
> I agree, I do something very similar with the Python bindings that are in
> trunk;
>
> http://nice.net.nz/scripts/mythstatus.py

Nifty, can it query a remote backend as well?

It'd be pretty easy to do the MOTD bits with your code as well.

And I guess one of the states for an encoder is LiveTV, I might add that
as well.  We don't tend to watch LiveTV so I haven't seen that status
crop up...

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand