[mythtvnz] MythTV or FreeView Issue

Mike dragon28 at ihug.co.nz
Mon Oct 29 20:30:50 GMT 2007

Morning all,

I have been having this issue for the last couple of weeks, and am
hoping that someone can offer me some sound advice before the WAF goes
completely through the floor. :-(

I have a MythTV box running MythDora 4 (a combined Frontend/Backend),
with 2 x Skystar II cards and one PVR-500

The PVR-500 is only really used for Prime, and the video camera (no VHF
antenna attached)

I am having problems particularly with programs recorded on Optus D1 and
only really with programs off the 12456 mux.  The programs just seem to
freeze.

When viewing a recording for example of what should be a one hour
program. is may only be 40minutes, with the missing bits being randomly
out of the middle of the program (normally the start and end of the
program are fine).  The program just seems to jump missing a random
amount.  This doesn't seem to be related to a playback issue but a
recording issue.

Unfortunately the problem started about the time I had to reinstall to
replace the HDD, so I am not convinced that the problem is PVR related
or a dish tuning problem.  From my understanding if this was happening
on the 12483 mux that it would most likely be the skew, but I am getting
good signal off that mux.

Thoughts on where to from here would be appreciated

Let me know if you want more details

Regards
Mike