[mythtvnz] PVR 150 irblaster and sky

Simon Green simon at simongreen.net
Sun Oct 21 10:09:23 BST 2007

On 18/10/2007, Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> > Its an RC-30 remote which you can find here -
> > http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/pace/RC-30
> >

> So Simon - Was this what you were after?

Yes thanks. I'm having a problem getting it working though. I'm
running 64-bit mythbuntu 7.10rc[1]. I installed lirc as part of the
mythbuntu install, choosing the 'hauppauge tv card' option, and the
pvr 150 remote works fine (for controlling mythtv).

After adding the lines you suggested to /etc/lirc/lircd.conf, and
copying haup-ir-blaster.bin to
/lib/firmware/2.6.22-14-generic/ [2] and restarting, I get the following:

simon at mythbox:~$ irsend -d /dev/lircd SEND_ONCE Pace_RC-30 5
irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE Pace_RC-30 5
irsend: hardware does not support sending

If I change /etc/lircd/hardware.conf as suggested in this post (and rebooting)
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=3538889&postcount=5

the devices in /dev aren't created, and neither the remote nor blaster work

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

  -- simon

[1] the ubuntu wiki now instructs you to install mythbuntu for 7.10
[2] also tried /lib/firrmware and /lib32