[mythtvnz] epgsnoop, tv_grab_nz-py and mythfilldatabase

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Oct 18 01:49:59 BST 2007

Another week, another problem...

No - not really:-)

Everything is working really well now. epgsnoop from a cron entry builds
me a local listings_all.xml.gz file which a couple of hours later
tv_grab_nz-py (via the backend running mythfilldatabase) grabs and uses to
top up the listings.

My initial problems with epgsnoop are fixed by ensuring the DVB card is
free before trying to use it - I still can't have the backend use EIT on
the radio channels to get the now/next listings but I can live with that.
I'm not sure how to open a window on the DVB card to allow epg/dvbsnoop
access to it when the EIT scanner is going off every few minutes.

The grabber problems were fixed by ensuring that I had executable
permissions on the file for all groups (not just the owner) and that the
backend (which runs it and hence defines the environment for it) required
that PYTHONPATH as well as HOME and PATH be defined.

The backend status page even reports that the mythfilldatabase run was
successful now :-)

Cheers all.

--
Robin Gilks