[mythtvnz] Listings 1hour out of whack

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Tue Oct 9 09:03:51 BST 2007

Stephen Worthington wrote:
> In the end, I waited for the official package update.  I could have
> downloaded the source files, once I had worked out what and where they
> were.  But since the package update was promised for a few days later
> I did not bother.  But I do not like to be dependent on someone out
> there preparing packages in a timely manner.  I like to be able to do
> it myself.  And all of this seems overkill compared to a TZ string,
> which used to work fine for me.  I am sure there were reasons for
> doing all of this, but the big problem I had was the usual one with
> Linux - the detailed documentation is there, once you find it, but the
> things that get you to finding it are usually either completely
> missing or sadly lacking.  I should be able to just look up the master
> help system and find a pointer to the timezone settings immediately.

So which distro were you waiting for?

All of the distro's were kept waiting because of the size of NZ, and for
Debian the fixes are still only in Debian-volatile which is a real
problem. AU has a change in April and it will be interesting to see if
they react quicker for a bigger country.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales at openmedia.co.nz