[mythtvnz] Problem with List

Craig Whitmore lennon at orcon.net.nz
Wed Oct 3 11:43:14 BST 2007

Hi Folks..

I figured out the problem with the list and Orcon (I work at Orcon and look
after their email server)

Looks like recently (last week or 2) the email address which the mailing
lists comes from has disappeared off the mail server looking after the list
and the Orcon mail server checks for valid from address when email comes in.
It does this via a Standard SMTP callback. As you can see blow the email
address mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz doesn't exist and the email
rules say you are not suppose to send out emails which you cannot bounce
back to , so Orcon rejects the emails. I have whitelisted it at the moment
until the admin can fix this up and make the
mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz a valid email address.

Thanks

telnet smtp.ourshack.com 25
Trying 84.45.68.116...
Connected to smtp.ourshack.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 dog.ourshack.com ESMTP Exim 4.68 Wed, 03 Oct 2007 11:36:35 +0100
helo mail.orcon.net.nz
250 dog.ourshack.com Hello loadbalancer1.orcon.net.nz [219.88.242.3]
mail from:<>
250 OK
rcpt to:<mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
550 Unknown virtual address  <----- Invalid email address.. oh no..