[mythtvnz] PVR 150 irblaster and sky

Simon Green simon at simongreen.net
Wed Nov 28 06:43:45 GMT 2007

> > On 17/10/2007, Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> Its an RC-30 remote which you can find here -
> http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/pace/RC-30

Ok. I'm about ready to pull out all my hairs[1] over trying to get
this working. After googling, I found this site[2]. Using the
send_power_new script sent the codes through the blaster without any
errors, but as noted in comment 272, you cannot just add the RC_30
file to lircd.conf to make the patched lirc send codes to an
unsupported box.

I therefore bought a serial IR transmitter from irblaster.info (US$17
including postage), but am failing at getting the lircd.conf /
hardware.conf file correct to get that working too[4] following the
instruction from the Ubuntu Community Wiki[3]. If someone has got this
working, can you please tell me

1) What distro you are using
2) What version of lirc you are running (did you compile it or use the
version that came with your distro)
3) Send me a copy of your /etc/lirc directory
4) Anything else I need to know to get it working.

TIA

  -- simon

[1] and it's going to be my chest hairs because I'm all bald :P
[2] http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/?p=24
[3] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Install_Lirc_Gutsy
[4] simon at mythbox:~$ sudo irsend -d /dev/lirc1 SEND_ONCE Pace_RC-30 5
irsend: could not connect to socket
irsend: Connection refused