[mythtvnz] Sky Sports on Mythtv

Dean Pemberton dean at deanpemberton.com
Thu Nov 22 04:15:52 GMT 2007

Which brings us to the most important point...

How much do you want to have to fix this solution?
Anything you do to get Sky working outside of a supported STB will not
be supported by Sky.  That means what should something go wrong - you'll
have to put everything back together in order to call the service man
anyway.  It's hard to know if it's even supported to bring the sat feed
from a non-Sky dish.

I'd hate to come home one day and find that a change made by Sky caused
me to loose a whole days recordings (and they can change crypto
parameters on the fly, look at what Aussie has been though in the past)

Given that you have a valid subscription anyway (we're not talking about
stealing Sky are we) then just using the STB is not a bad way of doing
things.

Sky HD may change the driver, but thats a while off yet.

Dean