[mythtvnz] Sky Sports on Mythtv

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Thu Nov 22 02:47:13 GMT 2007

On Thu, November 22, 2007 1:29 pm, Barry Clearwater wrote:
> Is there a howto and/or list of requirements to legitimately add Sky to
> Mythtv for a sky subscriber?  I think I read that there is an Aurora
> card, but I'm drawing a blank after that.  Assuming its ok to ask this
> question and not be whapped by the thought police!

The only legitimate way to do it is via Composite/SVideo from an existing
Sky STB.

The Aurora card is for decoding some Australian Pay TV services and
doesn't apply to Sky.

Your other option is to look at using a SoftCam and card reader to decode
the Sky NDS data stream, but then you are starting to move out of the
legitimate space.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz